Thursday, September 17, 2009

Spontaneous


When uncomfortable situations happen and I feel like I messed up it's a powerful thing to be kind to myself and ask,"what is going on for me that I reacted the way that I did?"
Asking "what" not "why" helps me get to the heart of the good that's trying to happen for me now.

I can ask myself,"Was I feeling hurt,afraid,stupid,lonely or less than?"
What can I say when I talk to myself about any of these feelings can be assimple as what I would compassionately say to a frightened,embarassed or hurt friend I Love You, I'm sorry, I believe in you, You can do it! I think you are wonderful.

As I take a nice, slow breath,relax and get quiet,the creative mechanism of my mind will give me a solution I can hear and understand.

AND

Most of our unhappiness in life is due to the fact that you are listening to yourself.

Thoughts stream into our minds beyond our control.

Instead of succumbing to whichever thoughts happen to pop into our heads,we can purposefully fix our minds on positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment